01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Independence Day 2014 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Independence Day 2014

34
Photo by Wild West Photography
Cade displaying the RED, WHITE, and BLUE


As I thought of what to write in my blog this week, I found myself thinking of what I could say that would make a difference.  I wanted to write about something that would help and that was fun to read.

My dear blogging friend, Anne Burkholder wrote a touching blog this week about heavy minds and heavy issues.  I would like you to read it.  Her page is http://feedyardfoodie.wordpress.com/.  I agree with her blog. My mind seems to be heavy about the future of Ag.

So I was thinking about why we have Independence Day.

Wikipedia says Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain (now officially known as the United Kingdom). Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the National Day of the United States.

So what is Independence Day mean to you?

This Independence Day I want to remember why we celebrate July 4.  I want to remind my kids why we celebrate.
Independence Day to me is about traditions, family, friends, sun, hugs, smiles, rodeos, cooking Beef on the grill, watermelon juice down dirty faces.  Independence Day is about our freedoms.  I would like to challenge each of you to dig down to your roots.  Be proud of our country.  Be courteous of others.  I want you to support the people that support our Ag community.

So while I have decided that I need to pray for our communities, pray for the people that work hard everyday, pray for peace and pray that God stays in control, my heart is still heavy but I can rest assured that I am trying.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of JULY from the Circle L!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38