01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Sunday Thoughts From the Circle L 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sunday Thoughts From the Circle L

34
So little did I know that Papa would ride Sloapy during the week.
"So she wouldn't buck when Naomi came to visit, Papa said."

My Sunday Thoughts this week:

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 16:11

Dear Friends,

God is bigger than your past, your disappointments, and your issues.  We have all made mistakes, but I know God can turn things around.  People may have hurt us and done us wrong, but if we leave it up to God, He will pay us back.  He will make our wrongs right.  I would like hope to fill our hearts.  Let's start focusing on possibilities.

I know that we have been through a lot. Some bad and some good. But no matter what. God is saying there are great days ahead for all of us.

Love,
Naomi




Sloapy
Bridgeport Parade
She had a little bit of SASS!






In my blog about success, I wrote about lessons learned on the Circle L.  I wrote about the lesson of Life and Death. Well yesterday we all had a lesson on death.
Here is the link:
Reata and Sloapy
McLaughlin's Branding

http://fromthecornerofthecirclel.blogspot.com/2014/06/what-is-success-lesson-learning-at.html

Just like any ranch we do a lot of work on horse back.  We do almost all our cattle work horseback.  Our horses work for us.  In return we make sure that they are fed, groomed, kept healthy and their horse needs are met.
Bald Hair And Riding Sloapy
Sloapy was well Loved by ALL.











Which brings me to 1997. The year that I meet my cowboy. Our first date was a horse back ride on the ranch.  I can remember it like it was yesterday, I was so thrilled that my cowboy liked to ride as much as I did.  There were many more horse riding dates, my cowboy would let me borrow one his families horses.  One date he let me ride a bald face mare.  She was so pretty but she was the roughest riding horse. Her trot was so uncomfortable.  I told Fred, my cowboy's dad, I think her front legs are shorter than her back legs, so you feel like you are riding down hill.  I named her, "Sloapy."
As my relationship with my cowboy developed so did my relationship with Sloapy.  I rode her so many miles. I actually got used to her trot.  Sloapy and I would attend brandings.  We were a pair.
Then it came to our wedding day.  I rode Sloapy down the aisle.  I am so thankful for her.
1998 Sloapy and I
And then came our little cowgirl.  A little girl that loves horses.  She fell in love with Sloapy.  They would ride for miles.  Reata always made sure that Sloapy was groomed and fed.  Before Reata could walk she would sit on Sloapy.
Well last night we had to say good bye to Sloapy.  My heart aches but I know that sometimes life has to come to an end.  That is God's plan is for us and for animals.
As Reata said good bye to her horse, my heart was breaking but I knew that God was in control.  Even at the age of 3, she knew that she would have to let her go.
We all cried.
We all told her Thank You.


"Horses Changes lives. They give our young people confidence and self-esteem. They provide peace & tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope." ~ Toni Robinson



Sloapy and Reata 2013 rode miles and miles.
Reata is 2. A horse like Sloapy comes once in a lifetime.


Sloappy 1991-2014







Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38