01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!!


For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mark 11: 23-24

I have been thinking about mountains.  This weekend we traveled over the Medicine Bow National Forest. The scenery was beautiful.  Many thoughts traveled thru my mind as we traveled.  Thoughts that included friends, family, and my own life. I had thoughts about life and death.
What mountain is in front of you today?  A friend, a family member, your job?  Jesus said that whatever our mountain is, we must do more than think or pray about it; we must speak to the obstacle.
My mountains often seem to large to move but then I remember this verse:

Beat your plowshares into swords, and you pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
Joel 3:10

I believe that we need to have quiet time with ourselves.  My quiet time is sometimes hard to get.  But I am reminded daily that it is so important to find a quiet place and have quiet thoughts. When I have quiet thought I feel stronger.  Do you?  When I stop and look at the mountains that God has helped me move, I feel grateful.  I feel thankful.  I feel the need to pray more. I feel happy.  I feel whole.  I feel blessed.

Let's stop talking to God about how big our Mountains are, and start talking to our mountains about how big our God is.






Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38