01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

Papa as a toddler.


For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they anymore a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Eccl 9 : 4-5


My thoughts are scattered, as I write this blog.  My father-in-law is losing his battle to cancer. I love him like a dad.  He is an example.  He is Godly.  He is tough.  He is strong.  He is gentle. He is thoughtful. Yesterday he asked to hold my hand and as tears rolled down my face, I was thankful for him.  I am thankful that God put him in my life. 
God has a plan for each of us.  As I sat by his bed, holding his hand, I wondered if I am ready to meet with God. I know that someday it will be my turn to die.  I thought, when my friends gather round me and remember my life, what will they remember? Are they going to remember a cowgirl that has given herself to Jesus, that has turned to the light in every experience whatever might come, in joyful experiences, in sad experiences?  I think that I need to work on my life. 
When we live trusting GOD, we don't have to struggle.  We can be at peace, know that at the right time, God will keep HIS promise.  That is how I felt yesterday, peace. I wasn't scared for Papa but scared for myself.  
If we are truly living by faith, we can relax in the "rest" of God.  This week is going to be hard, and tears are going to flow, memories are going to be left. I want to have peace and rest.  I want to hold God's hand and trust him more. 
I want to remember Papa with respect for who he was and what Jesus and the God of heaven was able to accomplish in his life. 

But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou are my God.
My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
Psalms 31: 14-15






Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38