01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

Cody, Nichols and Roany taking Papa on his last ride.




But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For those where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matt 6:20-21

The above verses were read at Papa's funeral.  Where is your treasure?  These past weeks, I have been really trying to focus on my own treasure.

Struggles may hinder us from laying up treasures in heaven.  None of us enjoy going through struggles, but we have to understand that our struggles may be an opportunity for us for advancement.  Have you really thought about struggles?  My struggles often become springboards that catapults me to a new level. Struggles often stop me from laying up my treasure but they also make me think of the treasures that I am laying up.  I am not talking about earthly treasures, I am talking about our heavenly treasures.  We will take nothing with us, when our final day comes.

Our challenges may become one of our greatest assets.

Think about an eagle, without the resistance of air, the eagle couldn't soar.  Without the resistance of water, a ship can't float.  Without the resistance of gravity, we couldn't walk.  Without the opposition or resistance, there is no potential for progress. There are no shortcuts; there is no easy way to mature physically, emotionally, or spiritually.  We must remain determined to lay our treasures and work with God.  We must remember that salvation requires prayers everyday.

My thought is this; life is to short to not think about our treasure.  Our treasure needs to be where only God can see it.


Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38