01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!



By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:8


I have been thinking about Abraham, he was a hero of faith.  He obeyed God and followed him all the way to the Promised Land.  His father, stopped along the way and settled in Haran.  He felt like it was good enough but he missed out on God's best.  Abraham's father knew it wasn't the Promised Land but he settled anyway.  Am I settling for half?  Have I gotten comfortable with where I am at?

Have you settled for half? Are you comfortable where you are at?

I was thinking about my faith.  It doesn't take any more effort to stay filled with faith than it does to develop a bad and negative attitude.  It is easy to fall into a complacency trap.  What I want to is to step out of my comfort zone, I want to keep pursuing and keep believing.  God has plans for all of us.

My challenge this week is to not settle for half.  I want to start moving forward.  I want to enlarge my visions.  I have had some delays, but that is ok. I still believe.  I want to be more like Abraham, I want to keep following and not settle for comfortable.


Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38