01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!



And herein do I exericise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Acts 24:16


Due to the snowy weather yesterday, I could not make it to town to write my blog.  I am posting it today!

I have been thinking about my conscience.
My conscience that I am talking about is about my daily choices and my daily thoughts.
Think about when we treat our friends one way and our spouses another.  Or if we pay our bills on time. Those are tests. Tests from God, that we need to pass.  God will not promote us unless we can pass these tests. Our lives are an open book before God.  HE can look at our hearts,  HE can look at our motives.  HE can see when we go the extra mile to do something right. And he can see when we compromise and take the easy way.

I thought of some ways that we can examine ourselves to make sure that we have a clear conscience.

Our we being faithful to our family and friends?
Do we ALWAYS tell the truth?
Are we happy with what we have or do we find ourselves wanting what our friends and family have?
Do we have pure thoughts and actions?
Do we have a pure heart?
Do we respect our elders?
Do we use God's name with respect and love?
Do we use hurtful words to other people?
Do we honor God with quiet thoughts?


This week I want to learn how to listen to my conscience a little bit better. I know that God put that inside each of us to know right from wrong.  When we start to compromise, our alarm will go off in our conscience. We should not ignore it. We want to do what is right. I pray that God will give me a clear head, even when I am stressed.


Happy Tuesday!!




Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38