01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: My Perks Of Marrying a Young Cowboy 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Perks Of Marrying a Young Cowboy

34
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers,
in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

1 Tim. 4:12


My Cowboy and I met at a religious convention in Wyoming. While it was love at first sight for him, it took some time for me to know that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Our love story started a couple of years later, when we met for the second time at another religious convention in Kansas. We married when we were both nineteen years old, and sixteen years later, I am still in love with My Cowboy.

October 24, 1998
We were young, in love and that is all that matters. I wouldn't
trade a day for anything.
In honor of Valentine's Week, I have come up with a short list of some of the many perks of getting married young and or making a life with My Cowboy.

My Perks of Marrying Young and Marrying a Cowboy

1. Growing Up Together.  Since we got married just out of high school, we had a lot of growing up to do.  I won't say that it has all been flowers, but I know that I am a better person because of My Cowboy.  We got to grow up, and now get to grow old, together.  I cannot think of anything better than to have My Cowboy by my side.

2. Accomplishing Milestones Together. Most couples get to go through milestones  like becoming parents, job promotions, and buying their first home, but My Cowboy and I get to experience different sorts of amazing milestones side-by-side.  Graduating college, buying our own piece of land, living in an old house, saving up for a nice horse, purchasing our own cattle - these are awesome experiences My Cowboy and I get to share in addition to becoming parents.

3. Learning that there is Power in Prayer. One thing about being married to a rancher/cowboy, is that I have learned to pray more.  We know that God is in control.  I know that by having God in the center of our Ranch life, the years will be much more fulfilling.

4. Finding the Adventure in Every Day. Every day at the Circle L is an adventure! Sometimes jobs on the ranch can get repetitive and mundane, but if a person can find a spark of adventure in the day, or share a laugh together, it can turn the day around for the better.  We know not every job is fun, but if someone makes a joke while we are working it is more fun for the whole family if we can laugh together.

5. A Great Romance.  Love stories can happen at any age, but when you marry young you get to run the whole course, from young and stupid to old and wise, together. It may be crazy and wild at times, but My Cowboy and I work on our love story every day. Our love story has been a great romance, and I would not trade it for the world!

Looking at our four beautiful kids, the ranch we call home in the Sandhills of Nebraska, and our love story, I would say that I have been blessed.


Happy Valentine's Day!






Our dating time was just a year. Many of our dates
were horseback!
Do we look young? We knew that God had a plan
for us.
We were engaged for 2 weeks. We were married
October 10,1998.  We were both 19.  The judge
that signed my adoption papers also married us.





Our first house.
College Graduation
My Cowboy and I have many similar likes, one is horseback riding.
Marrying young has many perks, like enjoying each other's 
presence


Four years after we were married we had this
Big Bundle! Cade. (He was a 10 lb Baby)

   Then our little family grew by another blessing. Kason.

And then God chose us to be the parents
of Twins. Ryder & Reata















And our love Story continues....................




















Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38