01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: My Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34
My Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

This little Cowgirl of ours, and Dillon. She always wants
to help.


She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Proverbs 31:26

This lady in Proverbs 31 knew the importance of words. She opens her mouth with godly wisdom. The law of kindness was in her tongue.

As some of you know, last week I was a sponsor for the Bridgeport FFA chapter at the Nebraska State FFA convention.  I was so impressed by the kindness of our younger generation.  It really made me think about kindness. Some examples of kindness that I saw were:

Young men opening doors for others.
Students supporting each other in their events.
Buying a soda for a friend.
A random text to a friend having a bad day.
Nebraska Head Football coach taking time out of his day to talk to some of our kids.
A smile.
A hug.
A phone call of Congrats!

Kindness does not come to us naturally.  We have to work at it.

A tremendous attribute is speaking kindly to other people and something that enhances us to be godly. We know "heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop; but a good work maketh it glad." (Proverbs 12:25) I believe that we all need kindness and we all reap what we sow.

In Proverbs 18: 20-21 my Bible says that we will have to be satisfied with the consequences of our words and that the power of life and death are in the tongue.

We have the choice to speak words that build up confidence in ourselves and others or we have a choice to speak words that destroy confidence.

I also want to be careful about self-talk.  This is conversation that we have within ourselves. I believe self-talk can ruin our lives.  This week I am not only going to focus on my self-talk but I am going to focus on my kindness toward others.

Happy Monday, dear friends!

What are you going to do this week for someone?



Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38