01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Fun Fact Friday from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fun Fact Friday from the Circle L!

34

Fun Fact Friday from the Circle L!
Brisket, a good source of protein and essential nutrients.  


My fun fact Friday has to deal with a challenge that I accepted 30 days ago!

Being a busy mom, ranch wife, store manger, and volunteer I need energy!! So when I was asked to do a #proteinchallege, I accepted.  I decided what will it hurt. I am so glad that I accepted.

To be honest with you I thought that I was taking care of my body by fueling it with healthy food and exercise but after the #proteinchallenge, I learned that I was not taking care of myself.

Here are a couple facts about my #proteinchallege.
Being healthy is a goal of mine.
 I am still working on my fitness
goals, but I feel much better now
that I have done the #proteinchallege.
I usually don't post body selfies, but
I am so happy with my results I wanted
share.

I learned that I only ate about half of the protein that my body needs.
I learned that I have a lot more energy if I eat my full protein requirements for the day.
I lost 5 pounds!
I lost 6 inches!
I learned that having a high protein breakfast makes a world of difference.
I learned that I don't need snacks if I get my recommended protein.

Its a fact, that adults in the U.S. are encouraged to get 10% to 35% of their day's calories from protein foods. That's about 46 grams of protein for women, and 56 grams of protein for men, according to WebMd . I would encourage you all to take the #proteinchallege

Another fact is a 3-ounce serving of beef provides more than 10 essential nutrients and about half of your Daily Value for protein. (http://factsaboutbeef.com

My favorite part of the challenge is that I can eat BEEF!  Beef is so important to my diet.  For more facts about beef in a healthy diet: http://factsaboutbeef.com/2015/02/19/beef-healthy-diet/

To help me with my protein challenge diary I used a an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal. It is a good way to keep a diary of what you eat.

Another challenge that I took with the #proteinchallenge was to drink 100 oz. of water a day. Water is so important to our bodies and drinking 100 oz of water and eating my recommended serving of protein has made me a better healthier person.

So, my friends, I would challenge you to enter the #proteinchallenge and see what kind of results you get.

Prime Rib, helped me meet my protein goal
for the day!!


Since I work in town, Subway makes a very good
salad loaded with protein. 

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38