01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L.

34

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L.

Never put a question mark where God has put a period. When something is
over and done, let it go and move on to the next chapters of your life. 


Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgement; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
Habakkuk 1:12-13

My thoughts this week have been about this statement:

Never put a question mark where God has put a period.

I think the devil wants us to put a question mark. He loves to deceive us to flounder in self-pity, to worry, and feeling sorry for ourselves. The devil want us to think things like, 

"Why am I not lucky?"
"Why is my marriage not as good as our neighbors?"
"God isn't answering any of my prayers."
"Why do all the bad things happen to me?"
"Why did he/she have to die?"
"Why don't things work out in my life?"

Sound familiar?

I believe that the devil is talking and I aim to change it.

Such questions may be asked and may be even helpful to consider but if we are still grieving and feeling sorrow over a disappointment that took place yesterday or before, we need to change.

I remember when my mom died, I was sad.  Then I was mad. And then I was thankful for all the time that I did have with mom. I was thankful for all the memories and I am still thankful today. 

If we are putting a question mark where God has but a period, we are hindering our future. 
I have decided that all I am doing is wasting my time trying to figure out something that I can not change. 

My challenge to myself and to you is to take all the question marks out of your sentences and let God put a period.  It takes prayer, patience and faith.  I am working on this. 

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38