01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

34

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!  Be Thankful!


Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalm 100:4

My Sunday Thoughts this week have been a little scattered.  To tell you the truth, last week was a struggle for me.  I had some pretty negative thoughts and my emotional strength was getting weak; I just plain had a rough week.
Am I the only one that has those kind of days?
I mean really, I was about done with a lot of things.
Don't get me wrong, I did have good days, good laughs and good thoughts; but it seemed like I struggled a lot.  I had a talk with my friend and this is what she said to me.

"Naomi, you are a good person.  You are amazing, and I appreciate all you do. In fact, I don't know how you do all that you do." Friend (You know who you are) you don't know how much I needed to hear that.  I'm thankful for your words.

I decided that I needed to start my day off by thanking God for the basics:
"Father, thank YOU for my family, Thank You for my children, Thank YOU for my health. Thank YOU for our ranch,  Thank YOU for all the opportunities you have given to me, Thank YOU for all You've done for me.  Thank YOU for the strength, determination, and joy that comes with all these blessings."

Friends, God already knows what our needs are.  He already knows what we are going to say before we say it. This last week has brought me to my knees and I have truly been searching my soul. When negative things come in life, God knows.  I am thankful for the comfort in that.

This week I would like to spend more time praising God for his goodness, his example, and his love, instead of requesting his goodies.  I would like to spend more time giving Him thanks for what he has already done than asking him for new things.

I know that we all have bad days.
I know that we all have days that the grass looks greener on the other side.
I know that I am normal, with good days and bad.
I know that I am thankful for friends that pull me through those moments and for the times that I need a little push.

Happy Monday!!



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38