01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~Prayer is not a "Spare Tire." 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~Prayer is not a "Spare Tire."

34

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L!

Prayer is not a "spare tire" that you pull out when you have trouble,
but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path through out
our life. 


Knew ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful into him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalms 100: 3-5


I want you all to sit back in your chair and imagine the following:

It is a Saturday morning, about 7:30 am and you are on your way to your son's football game. You are driving a ranch pickup. You are on a dirt road, the sides are steep and muddy. It is a beautiful morning and everything seems to be going your way. And because you are a little bit late, your foot seems to push the gas pedal a little farther to the floor. (What I mean is a little to fast.) You are coming to part of the road that has construction, so you slow down to about 30 mph. All of a sudden you have no steering.  I mean the steering wheel does not respond to your hands.  You are out of control.  You hit a construction cone, then the ditch. 

Can you imagine?

You have no control when you loose your steering.  You have to leave it all in God's hands.

That is just what I did!

You see the above story happened to me on Saturday.

I am telling my story not to for you to feel sorry for me but for an example that we need God on our side.

I am thankful that I am still here to tell you the story.

You see a couple bolts came loose in the steering wheel.  How did that happen?  Well I am not really sure but I am taking the pickup to a mechanic to have it all checked out. What I am sure about is that I am glad that God is on my side and that I am hear to tell you so.

Friend, my point is, praying works! My prayer that morning was this,

Our dear heavenly father, please watch over my family, our animals and friends and neighbors.
Please protect our country.
Please help me say the right things and help my friends in need.
I ask that you watch over Cody and the kids as they make their way to football.
Please watch over the boys teams and their coaches. 
Please guide my steps and my actions.
Lord, please help me to learn to be a better person.
Thank you for all you have done for my family and myself. 
In Jesus name!

I want to remind you how important prayer is.

Happy Monday, friends!!




Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38