01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Our #LaborDay and Sunday Thoughts from the Circle L! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Our #LaborDay and Sunday Thoughts from the Circle L!

34

Our #LaborDay and Sunday Thoughts from the Circle L!  

Seek the good in everything.

"There is no substitute for Hard Work." ~Thomas Jefferson


I decided to combine my Sunday Thoughts with my Labor Day thoughts.  

Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good. 
Psalm 122, v 9  
I was thinking about this thought of seeking the good in all things as we go through each day.

I saw this quote that sums up some of my thoughts:

Let us Realize that the Privilege to work is a Gift.
That the Power of work is a Blessing,
that LOVE of work is Success!
~David O. McKay

As I thought about Labor Day, I thought about our neighbors in all the Ag Communities.  I am thankful for all of their hard work and all the good they do each day.  From Ranchers to Farmers, to all the folks that work in between-Thank YOU for all you do!!

Labor Day for my family was about catching up on the ranch duties.  You see we have been running since the beginning of summer and we find ourselves still running.  Do you feel like that?

Well yesterday was a good day to catch up a little.  I took photos to document what we did.  I am glad I did.   I looked at our day from a different angle.  I am sharing my angle with you in the following pictures!



We got puppy kisses!!
and a few more puppy kisses.

It is pretty easy to forget all your troubles, when you have a view like this.  Psalm 122 v 7, v 8 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.  For my brethern and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.


This smile on this twin is priceless.

"Mom, take a picture of this!" 

Jag helped us move cattle to a new pasture.  Jag is really starting to be a hand.

We have been blessed with so much rain this year.  The grass is higher
then the fence!

Just a random LARGE Fly!


I love this picture. Ryder was just following Maddie's example.  The more tongue you show, the cooler you may be.

Oh and we battled the Sand burrs!  Sand burrs are one thing that I dislike about the
Sandhills. They stick to everything and they hurt.

Reata found this friend for Show-And-Tell!
Some random sayings from our #LaborDay:
"Which way is North?" ~Ryder age 4

"Why do I have to go to preschool?" Ryder.
"Because I want you to learn to read." Mom
"You don't need to read if you are a Cowboy!!"Ryder
I could hardly control my laughter!!

Circle L Cattle in a line!!
"Mom, why do cattle make ruts?" Reata age 4
"Because they go in a single line to water and to the grass." Mom
"So they line up like we do in preschool." Reata

"Mom, can I site in my .22 rifle in when we get home?" Cade age 12.

"Look Mom, a thunder storm is rolling in." Ryder

"4-Wheelers can buck just as hard as a horse!" Ryder

"Mom, did you see that?  I caught air!!" Kason age 11 on his dirt bike.

"Mom that's a brown calf, black cow." Cade (like the song brown chicken, brown cow)
Happy Cattle make Happy Ranchers.


Happy Ranch Kids.
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Colossians 3:23

Red is the main hand.



Our picnic lunch. Why do sandwiches taste better in the meadow?

This little stud colt of ours was very curious.  He is going to be fun.

Teaching the boys about cattle.
It is all about pressure, release, and handling.




Wildlife that we got to see on #LaborDay.

See the turtle..
We saw a turtle, a water snake, ducks, Sandhill Cranes, Caterpillar, a mouse, a prairie chicken, a deer and a lot of Bugs!

I was thankful for all the good in this day!
What did you do on Labor Day?

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38