01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~Friends 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~Friends

34

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~Friends!

Be with those that bring the best in you, not the stress in you.


A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 17:17

I have been thinking a about what it takes to be a friend.
In Proverbs, it says that a friend loveth at all times. I fall short of this everyday.  This week I am aiming to be a better friend.  In fact, I have been praying that God helps me to be a better friend. I have been praying that I am more like him.  He is a better friend to me than I am to him and I want to change that.

To be a good friend:

To be a good friend, I think that we need to be Real. God knows us inside and out, but do our friends? I believe it is better to be disliked for who we are, than to be liked for who we aren't.

To be a good friend, we need to be Honest. We already know what happens to dishonest people. We need to be honest with our friends and with God.

To be a good friend, we need to be Loyal.

To be a good friend, we need to be Respectful. We all have secrets, right? God keeps our secrets, we need to keep our friends' secrets.

To be a good friend, we need to Care. God cares and we need to also. We need to be there in a crisis.

To be a good friend, we need to give Perspective. Advise, not judgement. Let God be the judge and let us suggest.

To be a good friend, we need to give Space. God gives us space. All the space we need.  Friends need space as well.

To be a good friend, we need to Share. We need to be selfless.

To be a good friend, we need to be able to Apologize and Forgive. God forgives us for all our sins. We need to apologize. We also need to forgive.

My prayer this week is just to be a better friend.  A better friend to God and a better friend to you.

Happy Monday, dear friends.  How can I be a better friend to you?

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38