01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~Sustaining Faith 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~Sustaining Faith

34

A Sunday Thought~Sustaining Faith

Faith is believing the best is yet to come.

But he knowth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 
Job 23:10

I have been reading about Job. Job loved God. He was a a exceptional man. He lost his children, his health and  his money.

His wife said, "Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die." Job 2:9

Job didn't listen to his wife. Job knew that God can restore. Job prayed, believed and kept his faith in God. I want to be more like Job. I want to have more faith, I want to pray more and believe more.

I have been thinking about two kinds of Faith.

Delivering Faith and Sustaining Faith

Delivering Faith is when God turns one of our situations around before we even really had time to worry about it.

Sustaining Faith takes more time, patience and faith. Sustaining faith is what Job had. It is what gets us through dark times when we don't know what to do or where to go.  But because we have faith, we know that the best is yet to come. There's a verse that says, "Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the word of God." So, we grow our faith by reading and hearing the word of God (the Bible). Therefore, the more we pour the word of God in and the less we pour our own thoughts, then the larger our faith will be.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10: 17

My challenge this week to myself and to you, is that we read our Bibles a little more. We did a little deeper hole for our faith to fill.

Happy Monday, dear friends.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38