01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~ Home is Where Your Heart Is. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~ Home is Where Your Heart Is.

34

A Sunday Thought from the Circle L~ Home is Where Your Heart Is.



"Home is Where Your Heart Is."
When we build our house upon him,
the storms may come, but we will not fall. 


Therefore whosever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these saying of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish
man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. 
Matthew 7:24-27

As you may or may not know, I spent 3 full days last week being a sponsor for our local FFA chapter at the Nebraska State FFA Convention. The state FFA convention is one of my favorite places to go. Our days were filled with Ag related competitions and sessions that contain motivational speakers, awards, and sponsor speakers.

One of the speakers asked "Are you building your home on a solid foundation?" She went on to tell us that "Home is Where the Heart is" and that we need to help others build their homes and then we need to help protect them.

Wow! This really got me thinking. I am familiar with the verses in Matthew and Luke that talk about building on the sand and upon a rock. After that speaker, when I had a little quiet time, I reread those verses. These are my thoughts:

In order to have a home we have to build one on a rock. We have to have a solid foundation before we can start. Our foundation needs to have solid footings.

How do we do that?
Praying and seeking God's guidance.

Satan tries to get us to build on the sand. He knows that the sand is not stable, and that if a storm comes along, our home will wreck. He wants the satisfaction of seeing us struggle.  I don't know about you, but I want my Home on a rock.

"Home is Where Your Heart Is." 
Think about that statement.
Home is where you feel comfortable, protection, warmth, love and care. This week I would like to work on my Home, I want to help you with your Home, and then I want to help protective what we have built.

"Home is Where Your Heart Is." 
Build it Strong. If we would tear down our own home, what would be left? Would the walls be to strong to fall? Would all we have left be earthly things? I want to have my walls strong enough so I don't have to worry about my earthly things. I want to be a better person by helping those around me.

"Home is Where Your Heart Is."
Jesus is our rock. He is our firm foundation. If we listen for His voice, we all can be assured that no matter what comes our way, no matter how bad the storms of life may get, our Home will never move.  That to me is a comforting fact.

Happy Monday, Friends.

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Luke 6:47-49

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38