01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~ Redirecting Our Stream 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~ Redirecting Our Stream

34

A Sunday Thought~ Redirecting Our Stream

The next time we have negative thoughts, let's try this: ignore them.
Ignore the negative and accept the positive.
Dwell on the good and forget the bad.
Let's let our stream flow in God's direction.

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
Psalms 46:4


Let's be Real. 


Let's talk about something that may be eroding our stream.

What I am talking about is our negative thoughts.
What I am talking about is our negative patterns.

My thoughts this week have been positive and negative. I made a goal to turn all my negative thoughts into a positive thought. I also prayed that God would help me with my negative thoughts.

Ever had a week or a day, that just didn't flow.  I know I have them quite frequently, but this week I am going to focus on redirecting my stream.  I would like you to join me.

You see, with every negative thought we have, every pessimistic thought, our stream gets deeper and our current gets stronger.

What causes these negative thoughts, that causes our stream to get deeper and the current to get stronger?

Anxiety, Fear, Doubt, Stress, Tired, Frustration, Anger, Discontent, Dwelling on the Negative just to name a few.

Fortunately, we have control over our stream. We have control of the current of our stream. We can actually build a new stream.

Let's be Real.

When we spend our days dwelling on God's words, and we start seeing the best in all our situations, one thought at a time, we can redirect our stream and control the current.

Here's my thoughts:
It is normal to have negative thoughts. Everyday we have some type of negative thoughts and its OK. The key is how we handle the negative thoughts.

We don't need to believe in our negative thoughts. Our minds would like us to believe that all of our thoughts are correct.

Our minds and body are not the same. The truth is our minds are just one part of us; it isn’t the whole US. Being able to separate our thoughts from our sense of self is one of the most useful things we can do.

Think of yourself as being made up of four parts.
Mind
Physical body
Heart
Spiritual aspect
This means: You. Are. Not Your. Mind. Your mind is just a tool for you to use. We have control over our thoughts. We have control over how we react to those thoughts and we have control over our Stream.

Let's be Real.

The next time we have negative thoughts, let's try this: ignore them.
Ignore the negative and accept the positive.
Dwell on the good and forget the bad.
Let's let our stream flow in God's direction.

Happy Monday!! 

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38