01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~Patience 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~Patience

34

A Sunday Thought~ Patience



Ranch Life, Nebraska, Land scape

My patience this past weekend was tried to the MAX, but I have learned more about practing patience. 

You see, this past weekend Circle L Ranch received a significant amount of moisture and I learned a little more about patience. 

Patience is a Struggle. 

Patience is the art for overcoming the difficulties.

Patience is waiting for snow to boil so that we could feed our bucket calves.

Patience is waiting for the lights to come on. (We are 58 hours and counting without electricity.)

Patience is not having a dishwasher.

Patience is not having a shower for 3 days.

Patience is not being able to wash our clothes. 

Patience is not having a land line phone.

Patience is seeing mud and thinking about all the green grass coming. 


So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 
Roman 10:17

As I read my Bible by candle light this weekend, I quickly changed my attitude about patience. 

That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 
Hebrews 6:12

Sometimes when things don't happen on our timetable, it can be tempting to get discouraged. But in the season of waiting is when you have to dig your heels in and refuse to give up! This is how we dealt with this weekend's issues. I know that God is doing something in me at the same time that He is doing something for you. God knows that we need green grass for our cattle, so he is bringing us moisture. The little things this weekend, like not having electricity, has really made me appreciate power lines and the crew that helps keep them running.

My reminder for all of us today: God has us in the palm of His hand. I know that we all have some kind of difficulties in our lives right now, but they are not that difficult for God. Our challenges should not stop us; they make us stronger, they help develop us. 

My ending thoughts today:

Let patience have its perfect work. At the end of the day, not having electricity was a blessing. The kids, my Cowboy and I had a good time eating and reading by candle light. 

Trust that God is faithful to His promises. God always keeps his promises and I don't need to worry. 

Speak faith over your circumstances. I prayed a lot for our neighbors, our friends, our livestock and their livestock this weekend when the snow was blowing, and we couldn't see the barn. I knew that God was in control. 

Declare His goodness and faithfulness. After the storm passed, the sun came out and I prayed to God and told him "Thank You."

God is fighting our battles and working behind the scenes. 

Don't give up because with faith and patience, it's just a matter of time before you see His promises come to pass!

I would like to say "Thank You" for those who prayed for our ranch this past weekend and for those who texted and called. 

Happy Monday, dear Friends!.
I am leaving you with a few photos from this past weekend.

Eating pistachios by candle light.



Boiling snow for bottle calves
Snow man, Ranch kids
Cade built a snowman. (No that is not Coal)
Dog pat
Cade knee deep in water. 

Windmill, Nebraska Snow, Ranch Life
and at the end of a storm, I think what a wonderful life.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38