01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~ Dealing with our Insides 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~ Dealing with our Insides

34

A Sunday Thought~Dealing with our Insides

The inside of the Grand Canyon represents my thoughts. When you are on the side of this canyon,
you quickly realize that GOD is in control and has always been in control. 



I know, it's been a while since I have posted a Sunday Thought. The summertime has my days filled to the max.  I am sure you know what I am talking about.

This past weekend, while I was on the road a lot, I decided that today was the day I would share some thoughts that have been on my mind for the past couple of weeks. So without further ado:

Then Said the LORD, Doest thou will to be angry?
Jonah 4:4

This verse in Jonah is asking, "Have you any right to be angry?"

What does toxic waste look like in our lives?

Unforgiveness.

Unforgiveness is the one that I have been thinking about, praying about and studying about. You see, unforgiveness seeps into our lives and takes over.
It comes in many forms like anger, depression, bitterness and low self esteem.
This toxic waste can show up before we even know it and cause damage before we can stop it.

Does this sound familiar?

The simple truth is that if we have these things inside of us, it is going to end up contaminating everything that comes out of us. Have you seen this before? I know that I have. I have seen it in my own life and it is not worth it. You see, I find that it contaminates my personality and my attitude.

I have decided that this ONE life I have to live, is important. 
I have decided that this ONE life I have to live, I am not going to waste my moments on things that I can not control. 
I have decided that this ONE life I have to live, I am going to forgive.
I have decided that this ONE life I have to live, I am going to remove the toxic waste from myself.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have let toxic waste build up and up. I have not forgiven people that I should. I have let bitterness and low self esteem take over.

Let me tell you something that I don't really want to share.
Yesterday as I was driving down the road, tears were flowing down my face. I was struggling with God. I knew that he was trying to help me remove the toxic waste and I was trying to hold onto it.
AND then, this song came on XM Radio,

When I Am Gone

I prayed and wept because I knew that I had been holding onto toxic waste.
I knew that I had been putting God on the back burner.
I knew that this ONE life I have, I needed to be seeking God and His ways.
I knew that I wouldn’t ever get a do-over on this day, and I wanted it to be the best. 

I want you to join me in cleaning out our Toxic Waste. I want you to know that I struggle every day. I want you to know that you are not alone. I want you to know that I pray for you.

I want you to know that I am taking a shovel to my Toxic Waste.  Do you need a shovel too?


Happy Monday, dear friends.  How is your summer going?

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38