01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Random Facts/Random Thoughts 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Random Facts/Random Thoughts

34
Circle L Ranch Fact: Along with raising cattle, we also raise a few Quarter Horses.

Hello Friends~

It's Friday which means that I researched a few random facts. I may or may not have added a few random thoughts. ;)

So without causing you to read anymore rambling, I am just going to get right to the story.

Did you know yesterday, September 22 was the first day of Fall?
Yep, it is sweater, pumpkin spice, falling leaves, cattle selling, preg checking, preconditioning, shipping time at the Circle L. I love fall.  What about you?

The oldest dog on record is a Queensland Heeler named Bluey, and was 29 years old.
I knew there was a reason that I like blue heelers.

Stress literally shrinks the size of your brain.
Ummm, ya that explains a lot!! I am going to leave it at that.

Using the internet too much makes your brain lazy, study finds.
Ya, we all have a problem.  I am working on this, are you? I mean really we ALL spend to much time on the internet. 

Fake smiling causes real happiness and smiling will boost your immune system.
I agree with this.  Try it and see how it works out for you!! Making yourself smile does a world of good for your soul. And just think, the more you SMILE the better your immune system will be.

When you see a halo around the sun or moon it means a storm is coming.
I did not know this.  I will be watching the moon around calving time. 

When you sleep you grow .3 of an inch.
I am sure this fact means that you go taller, but I believe I grow .3 an inch around when I sleep.

The expiration date on water bottles is the the plastic of the bottle, not the water.
Huh, good to know.

Hippopotamus milk is pink.
So, this got me thinking.....wouldn't it be fun to watch a ranch rodeo with wild Hippo milking!!

Bananas are berries, but strawberries are not. Strawberries are special because they their seeds on the outside.

A lemon contains more sugar than a strawberry.
Are you kidding me? Sure doesn't taste like it.

Here is a little secret:
If you place a piece of bread in the container with cookies, the bread will keep them soft.

God made us all different, including males and females.
Male and female brains are wired differently.
I wish I understood that wiring.  LOL.

Cows have distinct accents in their mooing, depending on where they are from.
O my gosh, this explains a lot!! Our cattle have quite the moos. I guess I better start paying attention to their moos. 

During World War I, the U.S. government tried to rename the hamburger "liberty sandwiches". They thought this would promote patriotism.
I am like HAMBURGER better, don't you?

Going miles on Friday Facts!!

Did you learn anything? I would love to have some feedback.

Happy Weekend!!


Reference: http://factsd.com/

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38