01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Love Letter to My Cowboy~ 18th Anniversary 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Love Letter to My Cowboy~ 18th Anniversary

34

A Love Letter to My Cowboy~ 18th Anniversary


A Love Letter to My Cowboy on our 18th wedding anniversary.



It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me. 
Song of Solomon 3:4

Today marks my 18 wedding anniversary!!

It seems really strange to say that out LOUD. Time does fly doesn't it?

Saying I've been married for 18 years make me feel two things;

1. Very Proud.
2. Very Excited!

If you have read our Love Story, you will know that we have been together for 19 years. In honor of this special day I would like to a moment to write a letter to My Cowboy. I hope you will bear with me as I dedicate this post to him.

Dear Cody,

Before I even write a single word, my eyes are sparkling with emotion. 18 Years!! How can it be possible?

From the moment I met you, back in Wyoming, I knew, even then, that there was something special about you. I knew then, that I wanted to spend every minute with you. I knew it when I couldn't keep my hands off you. You stole this cowgirls heart the moment that you said, "Please pass the tea, Naomi."

Though I couldn't have even imagined it back then, that simple phrase changed the course of my life forever.

How grateful I am that it did.

You are my shining star. Your light is bright. Your light shines as an example. Your light helps me some days when all I see it dark.

You have taught me so many things.  To work hard, to never settle, to love passionately, to follow my dreams and to believe in myself just to name a few.

Maybe that is what makes us work.  Our friendship. Our commitment. Our love.

From the outside we look like a couple who has it all figured out, but you and I know that we don’t. We still have much to learn.

But, I think what sets us apart is our willingness to do just that . . . learn.  Learn from each other. Learn from life. Learn to reach for our goals and never give up.

You have always held me high on a pedestal filling my soul with love and belief.  But, I hope you know that it is you who are the hero.  You who are the gift.

You are an amazing husband and a devoted father.  You are full of passion, kindness and forgiveness. You are more driven than anyone I’ve ever met and you are an unbelievable provider.

Every little cowgirl dreams of Happily Ever After.   I was no different.

And even though Happy Every After doesn’t look like it does in the movies, it does exist.  It exists in the messy ups and downs and highs and lows of our marriage. It is real. It is true. It is our honest version of the our-story-fairy tale.

I just want to tell you thank you. Thank you for being my partner on this ride of love, life and parenthood.   I couldn’t have chose a better person to share my journey with.

Today, I realized that the reason I love you most is because:

YOU LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM, NOT WHAT I DO.

It’s not about how pretty I make myself, it’s not about how hard I tried or how well I did. Although you notice those things, I know that none of that makes a difference on your measure of love for me, and that, my love, is the most beautiful thing of all.

It takes a real man to love me like you do. To love me on my good days when I’m all dolled up, kissing you and laughing AND also on the bad days when I’m grouchy and my hair is a mess.

Most of all, thank you for being my best friend for 19 years.

Happy Anniversary, Cowboy!!

I love you to the moon and back,

Naomi

P.S.  I can’t wait to spend our day together, moving cattle as we celebrate 18 years!


True Love Blooms when we care more about other people than
we do ourselves. 

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38