01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~The Keys to Unlock Life's Door 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~The Keys to Unlock Life's Door

34

A Sunday Thought~The Keys to Unlock Life's Door


My Sunday Thoughts have been around this statement:
A Very Little Key Can Open Big Doors.
Don't give up. The last key on your key ring, usually fits the lock. 

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatesoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsover thou salt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mattrew 16:19

I believe the KEY to enjoying our life as it happens is Mindfullness. 

What do you think?

I think we spend too much time living in the past and too much time reminiscing about how life was, or what we wished our lives would be. I know that sometimes I find myself worrying about things I cannot control. 

We worry so much that we can become stuck in a negative pattern and fail to see the love, beauty, opportunities and peace that are right in front of us.  

Let me explain:
When was the last time that you really looked up at a sunset and saw the beauty of it?
When was the last time that you said "I love you to one of your love ones or/and friends?"
When was the last time that you thanked God for everything you have?

You see, we are missing Key opportunities. We need to focus on living today and we have the key to open a fresh door everyday. I pray each and everyday that God gives me the Keys that I need. 

Here are my KEYS:

Focus. I mean really FOCUS. I mean put-your-phone-down and focus. I believe that you have to practice this each-and-everyday to get really good at it. I find myself trying to complete tasks and not really focusing on what the kids are saying, and its not just the kids, it is conversation in general. I pray each day that God helps me Focus on the things that matter the most.

Forget. I mean leave the past in the dust. We cannot bring back tomorrow. We have memories, and they are nice, but dwelling on the past is just taking up our future time. The present is a gift and we are only promised today. If we spend all our time in the past, we will not see the future that God has planned.

Future. Spending all our time worrying about the future causes us to be blind to the beauties of TODAY.  I ask God to help me with my worries, everyday. It is hard not to worry, I know. We tend to spend our time focusing on the future, thinking as we go through our day about what needs to be done tomorrow, but what does God want us to focus on? I believe in goals, I believe in planning and I believe that you should only spend a little part of your day today on tomorrow. 

Thinking. I ask God to help me with my thoughts. I aim to change my thinking patterns and I am here to tell you it takes work. Mindfulness will come it just takes work.  God is helping me and I know it is a Key to my Life and yours. 

Quiet. Meditation. What ever you want to call it. Amazing things happen when I am quiet. I can pray. I can read my Bible. I find peace.

FOCUS. FORGET. FUTURE. THINKING. QUIET. These are my KEYS. I sometimes forget that I have these keys and they will unlock opportunities. God gives us these KEYS and we must use them. God will give us KEYS to heaven, but there are also keys that lead to hell. I don't know about you but I would prefer to use my KEYS to Heaven.

I am he that liveth, and was dead: and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Revelation 1:18

Going miles on Sunday thoughts~Naomi

Did I miss a key?  I would love to hear from YOU!

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38