01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~Celebrate the Gift of Today 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~Celebrate the Gift of Today

34

A Sunday Thought~Celebrate the Gift of Today

Celebrate Every Day!!


I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. 
Isahiah 61:10


My thoughts for the last couple of weeks have really been on our world. You see, how do we rejoice in the Lord when we live in an uneasy, broken world and every time we look in a newspaper, read social media, or read our emails, we hear about another awful crime or awful story?

I saw a wood sign the other day in a store that said, "Celebrate Today! I came that you might have life abundantly!" I should have bought it, but I just took a picture of it. This statement really changes my views. God has given me this day, and I want to make sure that I am doing what he wants me to do everyday. This statement is a reminder to me that in the darkest of days I can still find something to celebrate. Each day is a gift, and although on some days it may take some thought, there is always something to rejoice about.

Here are a few of examples of what God has done for me:

One of Cade's cows had a backwards calf, and after pulling the calf out, Cade's cow died from the complications of the delivery. Life and death happens, we all know that, this story is no different except that Cade now is responsible for feeding his calf. I think it's a good lesson for Cade and he is getting a kick out of feeding his calf. They already have a bond. You see even when things look dark, God reminds us that he is still in control.

This past year, the repair bill on our vehicles tripled because we have so much water and mud. I mean we have replaced more ball joints, bearings, and bushings then I can even count, but guess what, we have green grass coming. You see even when you think about all the money, God reminds us that we need all the moisture, because our cattle need it.

Last week I got a phone call from a friend that I haven't chatted with for a long time. I really appreciated her words. "Naomi, keep your head up, God has a plan for you." You see, even when we think we are taking 5 steps backwards, someone is there to tell us its okay, now take 10 steps forward.

You see, these are only a few of my examples, but we can all learn to celebrate today. We have to look for it.

What makes your heart pitter-patter?
What makes a smile come to your face?
What makes your soul find peace?
Whatever it is, go do it. If its calling a friend, then pick up the phone and call them.
If its going for a walk, then head out the door and do it.
If its going for a horseback ride, then saddle up and go.
If its sitting in silence, then find a quiet spot.

My point is that when things that make our heart and soul feel good, then God will be able to work magic in them. We can consciously release all our worries, fears and burdens to God. When we look at all the amazing things that happen everyday- the beautiful sunrises, the miracle of life, the miracle of salvation and forgiveness, a phone call, a hug, a child's laugh, a friend's visit- our heart and souls will leap with wonder that will fill our minds with love and joy.


My prayer:

Lord, help me look for the magic in this day. Open my eyes to the reasons for joy so that I can celebrate life in all its fullness. Thank you for giving me life today. Thank you for everything you have given to me. Thank you for showing me your ways.

Happy Monday, friends.
Going miles on Sunday Thoughts.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38