01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: A Sunday Thought~To Busy to Pray? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Sunday Thought~To Busy to Pray?

34

A Sunday Thought~To Busy to Pray?


Dear God, please help me today. Give me strength when I am weak, take my
hand and guide me through today.  Help me up when I have fallen. ~Amen



Have you ever found yourself too busy to pray?
I have!

Have you ever found yourself asking God to to help you relax?
I have!

Have you ever said "Lord, help me shut out the insignificant details?"
O man, I have!

Have you ever prayed, "Lord, help me to slow down and enjoy the day that you have given to me?"
Yep, almost everyday!

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:41-42

I feel like Martha most days. I feel my responsibilities push my tendencies to become lazy about praying. Like Martha, I often have too many things on my to do list: ranch work, feed store work, laundry, dishes, chores, cooking, spending quality time with our kids and Cody, spending time with good friends, juggling all the extra things I am involved in.
Prayer time on my knees? O man, I think at that I am failing.

But Jesus talked to Martha, which I believe was to me as well,

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. Luke 10:41-42

That "one thing" is connecting and spending time with God.
That "one thing" is sharing our fears, longings, and dreams with God.
That "one thing" is listening for his voice.
That "one thing" is asking for our orders so that we can spend our days doing what he has in store for us to do.

That "one thing" is what I am going to work on.

I know for a fact, that I need his wisdom and guidance.

What really matters in time and eternity?
I want to be more like Mary, I want to discover the "one thing" really worth being concerned about.

My prayer is this:
Help me not to be so busy and distracted doing so many things that I miss the most important thing. The most important thing is time with you. Please teach me today what really matters.

Happy Monday, dear friends!!
Have a Godly day!!

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38