01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Shine On, Shine On~Christine Mulloy 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Shine On, Shine On~Christine Mulloy

34

Shine On, Shine On~ Christine Mulloy

Christine and Myself. You make me a better person and I thank God for that.
Let us be grateful to people that make us Happy. They are the charming
gardeners, who make our souls Blossom. ~Marcel Proust


Shine On Series #2

Shine On, Shine On was the subject of a blog that I did a couple weeks ago. Did you see it? If not, here is the link Shine On, Shine On!  I have decided that there are a lot of people that help me "Shine" and I am going to feature them on my Shine On, Shine On series.

Meet Christine Mulloy.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I grew up in Paramus, New Jeresey. I moved out to Colorado when I was 18 to attend Colorado Christian University. I graduated in May 2004, with a Bachelors of Arts in History and a license to teach the social sciences in grades 7-12. I took my first teaching job in Rapid City, South Dakota in the Fall of 2004. I taught all the history classes for grades 8 to 12, coached cheerleading and headed up student council. I was busy, which might be an understatement. I was proposed to by Coote Mulloy in October of 2004 and was married June 18, 2005. As soon as we were married, we moved to Scottsbluff, Nebraska and I took a job at Gering Junior High School, where I taught for three years. We moved to Chadron in 2008 and I finished my Masters Degree in History and a thesis on the First Amendment "Establishment Clause", which deals with religion. I have been married for 10 years now and we have five children. After child number three was born, we moved home to my husband's family ranch, which is a cow/calf operation. I worked under Naomi Loomis at Double A Feed Store for a couple of years, but now stay home full time and home school my children. My husband and I are active in our church in the nursery and with children's church. We feel called to marriage ministry and teach a marriage class twice a year and counsel with couples who want Godly wisdom for their marriages and premarital counseling.

What does your daily routine look like?

Every morning when I get up, I feed the children and have them help clean up and get dressed. Before they can play or turn the TV on, we have to do their school work and chores. Usually we can finish by lunch. This frees our afternoons to go to town for music lessons, helping on the ranch, or other family and church activities. Right now, we also drive to Cheyenne, Wyoming once a week for eye therapy for my oldest daughter, and meet once a week with other homeschooling families to have school together and share a meal together. I often cook for family or neighbors who come to help on our ranch. I have learned to enjoy cooking for large groups! We always seem to have quite a few visitors as well, including friends, family, hunters, and travelers. My mother says my front door is a revolving door. My husband and I like it that way!

What inspires you to be you?

My inspiration comes from God and His Word. I also enjoy reading, and talking with my mother and mother-in-law, and a few close friends about life. I believe Godly counsel is very important!

What do ranch wives need more of?

We need more time in the Word of God. It's easy to get caught up in all that needs accomplished on the ranch. Life is work out here and we work hard everyday! We need to remember the work will be there tomorrow and Christ needs to come first. (I need to remind myself of that all the time!)

What do ranch wives need less of?

Negative thought. We need to rid ourselves of negative thought about our husbands, children, relationships and most importantly, about ourselves.

Do you have any advice for ranch wives or any women?

Find your value in God alone. It's too large of a burden to place on your husband or any friendship, and it's not theirs to carry anyway.
Remember: Marriage is not to make you happy, it's to make you more Christ-like.

How do you stay so motivated?

Staying in the Word of God; continually reading the Bible and posting verses around the house so I can read and pray even when I'm doing dishes and laundry!




My Shine On message to Christine:

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpenth the countenance of his friend.
Proverbs 27:17

Christine~ I sure am glad that you chose to be my friend.

These are the reasons you make me Shine On,

~You're are trustworthy.
~You're honest. 
~You have empathy.
~You are a good listener.
~You are supportive.
~You are self-confident.
~You are fun to be around.
~You are a good example.
~You are a good wife, a good mother and a good friend.
~You accept me for who I am.
~You are beautiful inside and out. 

My message to You.........Shine On. Thank you for being one of my best friends.  Thank you for showing me that life is better when we are Godly. Thank you for always listening to me. Thank you for all your encouragement. Thank you for "being there."  I truly am thankful for you.

~SHINE ON, Christine Shine ON~Naomi~

Do you have someone that helps you Shine On?  I want to hear about them. Comment below or email me at loomis489@yahoo.com

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38