01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Shine On~Alishia Intermill 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Shine On~Alishia Intermill

34

Shine On~Alishia Intermill



Shine On Series #3

Shine On, Shine On was the subject of a blog that I did a couple weeks ago. Did you see it? If not, here is the link Shine On, Shine On!  I have decided that there are a lot of people that help me "Shine" and I am going to feature them on my Shine On, Shine On series.

Today's Shine On features: Alishia Intermill

Tell us a bit about yourself.

We moved to Nebraska three years ago. I moved a lot growing up we lived in Montana, Idaho, California, Quebec Canada, Georgia, Wyoming and now Nebraska. My husband, Cody and our 2 girls, Paisley and Addi, live on our families ranch, south of Alliance, Nebraska.  Cody and I have been married for 2 years. I work part time as a Dental Hygienist.

What does your daily routine(s) look like?

We usually get up, get the kids breakfast, have coffee and then we head out side to help Cody with chores or play. We head to preschool and work on Wednesday and Thursday's.

What inspires you to be you?

My mom and dad have inspired me to be me. They are both some of the most loving people I know and are always willing to take care of others. They have a weakness for children and that has passed on to me.

What do we all need more of? 

We all need to be more understanding of other people's battles that we may not see.

What do we all need less of?

We all need less media. I feel like the media can be toxic to our thoughts and feelings. It's hard to find a balance because media is a necessity of our daily lives today.

Do you have any advice for ranch wives or any women? 

I just moved to the ranch three years ago and it has taught  me how to slow down and focus more on my family and friends and less on material things like money. Becoming a ranch wife was a scary and exciting dream for me, I grew up watching westerns and wanting to live on a ranch. It has had its challenges but the rewards are amazing! My favorite time is calving. It comes with long days and hard work but watching all the calves run around and play, like kids make my heart full!

How do you stay so motivated?

I stay motivated because my husband and I,  now share a goal of wanting to raise our kids on a ranch and teach the values that comes with ranching. Hard work pays off, not just on money.

The only other thing I would add is I love other ranch wife's. They understand your frustrations and understand your joys.  They make traded work days fun and enjoyable!

My Shine On message to Alishia-

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

Alishia~ I am thankful for your friendship and You.

Here are a few reasons that you help me Shine On:

*You are a good listener and only a phone call away!!
*You are always positive. I really appreciate that you always see the Best in everyone and everything. 
*You are open and honest. 
*You are a good mom, wife and good friend.
*You are beautiful inside and out.
*You married a Cody!! :)
*You are willing.
*You make me feel special.
*You also share what you have in your heart.
*You are honest. 
*You accept me as I am. 

My message to you, dear friend is Shine On!!  
Thank you for being strong when I was a little weak. Thank you for only being a phone call away. I truly am thankful for you. 

Happy Birthday, dear Friend. 

Shine On, Shine On!! ~Naomi

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38