01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Shine On~Katie Childers 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Shine On~Katie Childers

34

Shine On ~Katie Childers

Shine On, Friends, Blog
Along my life's journey I have learned that the more thankful I am,
the more I have to be thankful for. Thanks Katie, for helping me SHINE ON!
(Photo credit to Cary Leithead)
Shine On Series #5

Shine On, Shine On was the subject of a blog that I did a couple weeks ago. Did you see it? If not, here is the link Shine On, Shine On!  I have decided that there are a lot of people that help me "Shine" and I am going to feature them on my Shine On, Shine On series.

Today's Shine On features: Katie Childers


Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm just a small town girl. I was born in Colorado, but all my memories began after moving to Nebraska at the age of three. You see I'm a Railroaders daughter and that's what brought my family from the crazy city to the good life! The youngest of three girls I grew up playing all sports. The one I excelled most at was track, my little legs moved pretty fast. Even though I enjoyed these activities my true love was for animals, horses in particular. One time when I was just a young girl I remember trying to do a deal with a local rancher, is trade him my two sisters for just one horse! He was all about it except he thought my parents wouldn't go for it, shoot! While in middle school I had a young boy catch my eye and capture my heart. We continued to date throughout high school. A bonus to this young boy was the fact that he lived in the country, had all his life, and had horses! Shortly after graduating high school we wound up moving into the middle of no where together, thanks to my good friend Naomi lining us up with this little house on the prarie. Those were the years! I took a position as a dental assistant at Alliance Dental Clinic 2001 and I'm still there to this day. Then in April of 2002 I married that young farm boy that had captured my heart years prior. Followed by our first born in 2005, a beautiful daughter, Delaney Jo. She was and is perfect in every sense! Four years later God heard our prayers and answered them by blessing us once again with not one but two healthy baby boys, TWINS Jett and Coy! Our hands were full at that time, but our hearts were even fuller!💕


What does your daily routines look like?

Our days as a family are extremely busy, there never seems to be enough hours in a day. Monday through Wednesday are the days I work at the dental clinic. So we rise and shine early, Jimmy is the first out the door so he tends to miss out on all the chaos that takes place getting the three kidos up, dressed, fed, teeth brushed of course, backpacks on, and out the door "on time"! Followed by me driving 9-0 to town. Most days I feel like a race car driver, scary but true! I hit the school around 7:45, pull up in the carpool line and drop my three little ducklings out 1,2,3! From there I head off to work. The day starts at 8 am sharp, filled with fillings, root canals, tooth extractions, flying saliva, the possibilities are endless! On these three days I look forward to 5:30, don't get me wrong I enjoy what I do, but there is just so much waiting at home for me! I walk through the door anywhere between 5:45 & 6 o'clock. Just in time to start cooking dinner, sort out a 5th graders homework(thank goodness for Google), feed my family, clean up the kitchen, get three in the shower, try fit in some "snuggle time" as my boys call it before I put them to bed, only to finish the remainder of necessities- lunches, a load of laundry to keep somewhat caught up, etc. If I'm lucky once all are asleep I try to sit and collect my thoughts for the day prior to going to bed and starting it all again the following day. I'm thankful for my job but equally thankful that it's just three days a week. Thursday through Friday allow me the necessary time while the kids are in school to get my house in order, continue laundry, and help out with the livestock. You see my farm boy cares for all our livestock everyday all the time, so on my days "off" I try my best to lend a hand and help by doing chores. Thursday's right now tend to be my busiest of days- pick the twins up from school @ 3:20, pick Delaney up from school @ 5, run her to guitar from 5-5:30, then off to livestock judging from 6-8. I sometimes feel as thou I should slap a taxi sign on the side of my ride, as all you other mothers out there can relate. Before you know it through various activities, birthday parties, an occasional mom & dad night out, it's Sunday evening and my Monday blues set in and it's time to do it all over again! It's extremely busy and our heads are spinning and at times we are heading in two different directions, but I will say my farm boy and I make a great team and together we get through it.

What inspires you to be you?
My parents, my husband, and my three children are my inspiration in life. As far as my parents go I feel that by being a good person, wife, and mother,  it just solidifies what a good job they did in raising me. For my husband and kids they are my life and there's not one thing I wouldn't do for them and I feel it is so important with kids these days to lead by example!


What do ranch wives need more of?
What do ranch wives need less of?
Do you have any advice for ranch wives or any women?What do we all need more of?
I feel that wives in general these days need to be more supportive of one another. I don't know what it is about women or what makes us decide it's easier to tear other woman down, or to criticize her, or to make yourself out to be better than she is just makes no sense to me. We as women, are much smarter than this. We should know that if we stand together and stick up for one another,support each other, things will turn out to be much more positive! For those that are less than supportive,  I just feel it's easier to take the high road instead of stooping down to their level. We need to keep our head on our shoulders, too many nowadays go crazy! If they sat back and looked at the decisions that they were making I believe that they would realize it themselves prior to doing so. There are other ways to deal with the stresses of life without going off the deep end! Love, support, and understanding that's what we need!

How do you stay so motivated?
 One of my most favorite sayings is Ever Day Is A Gift Not A Given!  We are truly blessed and should really make the most of the time we have with our loved ones. What we are actually doing is making memories every  day that we are here and for the most part we are in control of whether they are positive ones or not.


Thanks for your friendship, constant support, and love over all these years. You and your family are a blessing in my families lives!Just another reason to be thankful for. 😘

My Shine On message to Katie-

Katie~ I am thankful for your dedication to everything you do. I appreciate your friendship and You.
I will never forget our college days when we laughed, we cried and we made plans to save the world. Right? How about our days of working at Country General? We learned a thing or two about life.


Here are a few reasons that you help me Shine On:

*You are an inspiration to me, even when your OCD is working!!!
*You are a good wife, mom, and daughter.
*You are beautiful inside and out.
*You appreciate differences in people. We are not all the same and that is ok.
*You have faith in me. I appreciate your phone calls and visits!
*You are a hard worker.
*You are only a phone call or text away!
*You understand twin mom problems!!


My message to you, dear friend is Shine On!!
Thank you for never giving up on me.
Thank you for always supporting me.
Thank you for just being YOU!


Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38