01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Shine On ~ Anne Burkholder 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Shine On ~ Anne Burkholder

34


Shine On Series #7

Shine On, Shine On Series
Anne Burkholder and her family.  Thank you, Anne for all you
do to help me Shine On!!

Shine On, Shine On was the subject of a blog that I did a couple months ago. Did you see it? If not, here is the link Shine On, Shine On!  I have decided that there are a lot of people that help me "Shine" and I am going to feature them on my Shine On, Shine On series.


Today's Shine On features: Anne Burkholder

Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a wife, mom, cattle feeder and volunteer youth athletic coach. I am a lover of great food and fitness, and my true passion is creating sustainability for rural America through both agriculture and youth mentoring. I originally hale from urban South Florida, although for the last 19 years, I have proudly called Cozad, Nebraska "home".

What does your daily routines look like? 

My day at the feed yard starts early as we "read bunks" at 6:00 in order to have breakfast delivered to all of the cattle by 8:30. In addition to reading bunks and calling feed for the day, I also often exercise and acclimate newly arrived cattle about dawn. Add on vaccinating/processing cattle, being the main "cattle buyer", and doing the book work, and that typically fills up my day until about 4:00. After that, I am often found coaching a local athletic team, cheering on my girls in their athletic endeavors, or running/swimming to keep myself fit. It seems that we eat dinner about 8:00 each night, after which I am generally looking forward to sleeping ๐Ÿ˜Š

What inspires you to be you? 

My husband is my rock of strength, my daughters are my sunshine, and my desire to reach my God-given potential drives me to search for excellence each day. I believe that our past develops our character, our present is a tool for learning, and our future is a combination of hope and action that drives continuous improvement. The desire "to make a difference" runs deep and inspires me to work hard every day.

What do we all need more of? 

We all need a little more dirt and grit. There is something wholesome and peaceful to be gained by working with the land. Digging in the dirt and learning how to use it's resources wisely is a skill that everyone should acquire. Grit and determination are important components to a meaningful life. "The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary" (May Smith). We all need a little bit more grit to ensure that our communities will sustain.

What do we all need less of? 

We live in an increasingly "entitled world". This worries me. I believe that the secret to sustainability can be found in an altruistic heart and a strong, hard working body. How awesome would the world be if we all focused on using our gifts to make a positive difference instead of carrying an self-absorbed mentality?


Do you have any advice for ranch wives or any women? 

I try to teach my daughters to be strong and independent, while also holding strong to a dedication to compassion. A woman brings a unique perspective -- it is important that we use that strength in a positive way. Don't be afraid to think outside of the box, go with your gut, and use your faith to help you persevere.

How do you stay so motivated?

Every day is a gift -- Every challenge is a chance for improvement -- Every sunrise brings a promise of joy -- Every sunset provides a meaningful contemplation as you complete one more day on the journey.


My Shine On message to Anne:

Anne~ I am thankful for your dedication to everything you do. I look up to you in the blogging world. I look up to you for advice. I appreciate your friendship and You. I appreciate your knowledge and example.

Here are a few more reasons that you help me Shine On:

๐ŸŒŸYou are an inspiration to me. You inspire me to become a better advocate for Agriculture. 
๐ŸŒŸYou are a good example. I read your blogs, look at your pictures, chat with you  and know that you are a special person. 
๐ŸŒŸYou are a good wife, mom and daughter. 
๐ŸŒŸYour a hard worker. 
๐ŸŒŸYou are Star in my book. Your light shines bright. 
๐ŸŒŸI love your story. I love that you share it. Keep up the good work.
๐ŸŒŸI am thankful for our chats, and your advice.  
๐ŸŒŸThank You for your wisdom. 


My message to you, dear friend is Shine On!!
Thank you for being an important piece of my life.
Thank you for just being YOU!


Friends~ Please visit Anne and tell her I sent you:

on her blog Feed Yard Foodie
or her Facebook


Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38