01 02 03 From the Corner of the Circle L: Shine On~Michaela Gasseling 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Shine On~Michaela Gasseling

34

Shine On~Michaela Gasseling


Shine On, ranching, Friends
A Sweet Friendship Refreshes the Soul. 



Shine On Series #6

Shine On, Shine On was the subject of a blog that I did a couple months ago. Did you see it? If not, here is the link Shine On, Shine On!  I have decided that there are a lot of people that help me "Shine" and I am going to feature them on my Shine On, Shine On series.


Today's Shine On features: Michaela Gasseling


Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a mom, a wife, a health and fitness coach, blogger, ultrasound technologist, and a La Leche League Leader. I am a small-town Nebraska girl. A runner. An empowerer. A friend. I wear many hats but I love all of these roles!

What does your daily routine look like?
I work two days a week outside of the home--a career that I still love. 
But the other five days go like this: 
We are early risers at our house (not by choice). So I typically am up by 5am so I can get in a little writing and get my workout done before my kids wake up. 
And coffee. Coffee first!! 
Then I make breakfast for the two kiddos. Our days are filled with play, errands, outside play, working in the garden, running, baking and cooking, reading, cleaning, taking care of the farm animals, and three times a week I instruct a group exercise class called PiYo Live.

What inspires you to be you?
I am inspired by my mom, who is the hardest worker I know and raised five children while never complaining. I am inspired by other strong women who have similar roles or jobs.  Mostly though I see my friends being amazing women--raising kids, keeping their houses up, working full-time jobs and raising kids, having strong faith, going through hardships, reaching career, personal, or fitness goals, basically just kicking butt at this thing called life, and I am happy to be surrounded by these women. You become like those you surround yourself with I think.

What do we all need more of?
More self-confidence, more self-love. 
Not in the vain way, but in a way that means we can be comfortable with our choices and ourselves. Society is so good at making us feel judged, or telling us all the ways we are doing things wrong. So I think it goes back to surrounding yourself with more of those positive friends who can be affirming and supportive of all the hardships we face as women and as moms.

What do we all need less of?
Busy-ness! I know this might seem contradicting to what it sounds like my life is like, but a few days ago I found myself looking at our summer schedule and I had it so full that it looked like we wouldn't have a single free day for almost three weeks--when would we make it to the lake or pool?!?! So I had to sit down and re-evaluate and re-prioritize. I took a few of the less-important things off the calendar. Again, society is starting to applaud "busy-ness" and I think that's a shame. Kids need to be kids, and adults need to learn that the only "prize" for who has the craziest schedule is burn-out, and crabby parents, and kids who are not actually getting any benefit from that pace of a schedule.

Do you have any advice for ranch wives or any women?
Don't compare! It's just like the saying goes--it will steal your joy! 
You can wake up happy with your life, but then look at social media or a magazine and see seemingly beautiful pictures of someone else's house, or vacation, or body, or kids, and suddenly you are angry that YOU don't have that. My advice is that you have to remember that social media is just the highlights of someone's life. A picture of someone's new car or new expensive hand-bag doesn't show you their struggle with depression, or that they are having marital issues, or that someone they love is fighting cancer, or any number of struggles we all face. So only try to be better than YOU were yesterday. Don't compare yourself or your life to anyone else's.

How do you stay so motivated?
Well, when it comes to health and fitness, this is what I say: motivation is a myth!!

It won't get you off the couch. It won't force you to put on your running shoes, or your yoga pants. It won't drive you to the gym. WE have to create the motivation. So my kids, and the thought of where I want to be one month from now, one year, ten years from now, reminds me what I am working for. We make choices every day--your choices either get you closer to your goals, or farther away. Every food you choose to put in your mouth makes you healthier, or less healthy. You get to choose. 

So I choose to exercise for 30 minutes a day. I choose to eat mostly healthy food. You can't get to your goals without working for them. I am choosing to show my kids, who are my world, that I am worth the effort. Because they deserve the best of me.
So I guess it is the same with anything you are pursuing in your life. You get to make the choice whether or not you work towards a goal--whether that be to finish your degree, save for a vacation, or lose weight.

My Shine On message to Michaela:

Micheala~ I am thankful for your dedication to everything you do. I appreciate your friendship and You. I appreciate your knowledge and example. I appreciate that you never give up.

Here are a few reasons that you help me Shine On:


🌟You are an inspiration to me. You inspire me to go outside my comfort zone. You inspire me to go to the gym. You inspire me to just be better.
🌟You are a good wife, mom, and daughter.
🌟You are beautiful inside and out.
🌟You appreciate differences in people. We are not all the same and that is OK.
🌟You have faith in me. I appreciate your phone calls and visits!
🌟You are a hard worker.
🌟You are only a phone call or text away!
⭐️You are a STAR in my book, and your light never goes out.
🌟You are amazing.


My message to you, dear friend is Shine On!!

Thank you for being an important piece of my life.
Thank you for just being YOU!


Friends~ Please visit Micheala:

on her blog Cowgirl Boots and Running Shoes
or her Instagram
or her Facebook

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38